With General Registration & À la Carte
Thursday, April 23, 2020
3:00pm to 5:00pm
Successful businesses rely on exceptional website performance. In today’s economy, the battle for consumers’ attention has never been tougher. You have only seconds to make a good impression. But how long do you actually have to engage your customer? How important is your website to your business? Learn key concepts of web performance and how they apply to your business.
- Understanding “Bounce Rate” Why it’s important, how to reduce it and capture customers before they bail.
- User Interaction Design (IxD) Principles What they are and how they apply to successful user engagement.
- Improve Google Search Ranking Through Responsive Design Mobile first.
- Learn how to make your website mobile friendly and boost your search ranking.
- Waterfall – What the heck does a waterfall have to do with my website?
- Image Optimization Are your beautiful images actually driving customers to the competitor?
- Cache: The good, the bad & the ugly – Learn key concepts to controlling and leveraging browser cache to your advantage.
- Expiry headers Did you know about your website’s “best before date…”?
You have spent a ton of time creating your website. You have combed through years of shoots and pulled together the best images, crafted the best bio, assembled fantastic testimonials, linked to all your social media, found a webhost, site template and painstakingly put your best effort into launching your website. People have told you that your images inspire them, and they want to hire you. My website is awesome… Right? Maybe. Milliseconds. It’s all about the milliseconds.
Join Trevor Owen as he shares pathways to exceptional website performance and the most important milliseconds to your business.
President, Trystan Media Inc.
Active in internet development since 1998, Trevor brings a wealth of experience over many disciplines with a primary focus on Interaction Design & User Experience development.
Trevor has been project lead for Software as a Service (SaaS) frameworks, business process automation, content management & data control systems for business, non-profits, sports leagues and manufacturers. He pursues exceptional web performance in the day to day business of web development and is the lead web developer for PPOC.
When not coding, you will find Trevor busy in his shop building electric guitars or renovating his house.